Commercial and corporate law
Commercial law is the law of trading companies and sole traders. It includes, amongst others, company law, commercial transactions law and the annual financial statement including balance sheet, profit and loss account and other components, where applicable.
We advise our clients in all commercial law aspects. One key area is accounting law and balance sheet analysis to determine the profitability and value of a company.
Corporate law is heavily intertwined with commercial law. Apart from the law governing general partnerships (oHG) and limited partnerships (KG) (acc. to German Commercial Code) there is also, in particular, the law governing public limited companies and limited companies as well as the law governing Societas Europea (SE) and foreign legal forms, such as the British limited company. Under the transformation law, the legal form can also be changed in a variety of directions. A public limited company can, for instance be a listed or an unlisted company. The law of a listed public company is inextricably linked to capital market law. In this area we offer, in particular, advice in the field of the Securities Trading law and the stock market law. We also specialize in providing comprehensive advice in the area of Corporate Compliance.
Support offered for public limited companies includes, for instance:
- Preparation and execution of Annual General Meetings of public limited companies
- Support of the Board and Supervisory Board of public limited companies
- Enforcement of minority rights against the majority of shareholders
- Corporate Governance und Corporate Compliance (planning, monitoring and training)
- Prospectus obligation and liability
- Insider trading laws including the ad-hoc disclosure right (§ 15 WpHG)
- Investment services companies (§§ 31 ff. WpHG)
- Investment law securities and exchange commission (BaFin)
- Prevention of liability and of claims against Members of the Board and Supervisory Boards
Support offered for limited companies includes, for instance:
- Preparation and execution of General Meetings
- Support of the Management or Directors of a limited company
- Enforcement of minority rights against the majority of partners
- Prevention of liability and of claims against Directors